This is one of my favourite Energy Ball recipes! New to Energy Balls? Basically, they are little round balls of goodness usually made from dried fruits, nuts and a variety of other ingredients. Energy balls are also perfect for traveling as a healthy snack. These little guys are always in my carry on! They also freeze well. Throw some in the freezer and when you get back from your travels, you have a healthy treat ready to go. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. The natural sweetness comes from the figs and dates. And the best part? They are so easy to make!
What you need:
- 300g dried figs
- 300g medjool dates
- 4 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
- 50g flaked coconut
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 100g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Food processor
What you do:
- Remove the fig stems and roughly chop
- Remove all the seeds from the dates
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor, mix together until well blended and a dough like consistency forms
- Then…get your hands dirty and start rolling!
Once rolled into balls you can coat the outside with either flaked coconut and cacao nibs, like I did in the pictures above. You could also use finely chop goji berries or cacao powder too.
This recipe makes roughly 40 balls depending on the size you want them to be. So place half in the refrigerator ready to go and then the rest in the freezer to be enjoyed for another time!