This is my all-time favourite green smoothie! I sometimes have it for breakfast or between meals whenever I need a pick me up. It’s packed with awesome nutritious ingredients like Kale, Spinach, Avocado and Spirulina.
Spirulina, a type of blue-green algae, is an incredible superfood that provides a concentrated source of protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
What you need:
- 2 stalks of kale
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 medium cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon wedge (unwaxed)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 heaped teaspoon spirulina powder
- 5 ice cubes
What you do:
- Juice the kale, baby spinach, cucumber, apple & lemon
- Add the juice to a blender with the avocado, spirulina powder & ice cubes
- Blend on high for 30 seconds
And there you have it! An awesome nutrient dense smoothie that packs a pretty serious green punch!